Image Competition: Digital Image File Formatting
Digital Image File Formatting
PPSCV Image Competition requires a specific digital image format and file name for submitted image files, as detailed below:
Images that do not meet the image format or file naming requirements may be rejected by the Image Competition Chairperson.
Save the image file with the following image format:
- File Type: JPEG highest quality (88 or more is adequate for quality high viewing).
File types of .jpg or .jpeg are acceptable, capitalisation not important.
- Color space: Each file should contain an embedded color profile of either sRGB or Adobe RGB1998.
- Dimensions: No more than 4000 pixels on the longest dimension
For competition display, images may be rescaled by Adobe LightRoom or other programs to 1920 x 1080 resolution.
- File size: The final file size of an image should be less than 5MB.
Image file size can be reduced by reducing JPEG quality when saving.
Name the image files in the required naming format:
Include the following identifiers in the image filename, each separated by an underscore character (_).
There should be no spaces in the filename.
- Competition Year 2020
- Competition Month April
- Maker First Name David
- Maker Last Name Bailey
- Category Letter A
- Caption (alphanumeric) Self Portrait
- Priority 1
Capitalization of words in the caption is at the maker’s discretion.
Use only letters and numbers.
Avoid the following special characters ’ “ + \ /
Do not use spaces.
Here are examples of correctly formatted entries:
2020_April_Cartier_Bresson_ D_Decisive_moment _3.jpeg